Goodwin was excited to present, “Architectural and Design Uses of Reclaimed Wood” to 62 architects at MiaGreen. We answered lots of questions about installation, moisture control and sustainable forestry. The story behind sinker cypress and the process of recovering logs always engages the audience. A good time was had by all!
While in South Florida, we visited a number of friends to show off Goodwin’s new factory finished reclaimed wood, including Moor, Baker & Associates Architects, P.A. and Bonded Floors in Vero Beach (who we’ve worked with for over 20 years).
We also stopped by Uline’s vacation home in Everglades City to see their Goodwin engineered floor. As we made our way up the coast, we made a stop at Architect’s Unlimited in Naples and at Chico’s Headquarters in Ft Myers. Chico’s founders, Marvin and Helene Gralnick put a Goodwin Heart Pine floor in their home 25 years ago. The Gralnick’s wanted to use Goodwin’s Wild Black Cherry flooring in their new stores; however, solid unfinished wood proved too challenging for commercial contractors.
Today our factory finished engineered floor in any custom color is ‘install ready’ for high-end commercial or residential projects. Thank you Marvin and Helene. We were honored to provide you with your River-Recovered ® Antique Heart Pine floor!
- Join Goodwin at IBS – January 9-11, 2018October 16, 2017 - 3:14 pm
- Old Florida Heartpine – A Staple in Sustainable DesignOctober 12, 2017 - 9:38 pm
- Antique Longleaf Heartpine – Perfect for Modern Home and Office SpacesOctober 12, 2017 - 9:23 pm
- Heart Cypress Feature Walls and Paneling a Focal Point of University of South Florida’s Coquina ClubOctober 12, 2017 - 9:09 pm
- Educating the Next Generation of Sustainable Building Design ProfessionalsOctober 12, 2017 - 8:49 pm