Talk about adaptive re-use! When San Antonio, Florida chef Curtis Beebe and his wife, Rebecca, purchased the old San Ann Market with their sights set on opening a fresh, new eatery they really went all out. What emerged is The Local Public House. And local it is. From pork sourced out of Avon Park to greens that are grown in Brooksville, this little gastro-pub walks the walk. They even serve 14 ever-changing Florida draft beers, including a couple from our friends over at Swamphead Brewery in Gainesville.
The best part is that when you saddle up to the bar to enjoy your home grown craft brew you’ll be saddling up to one of several thousand year old slabs of River-Recovered® Heart Cypress; perfected by nature, recovered from Florida’s spring fed rivers and milled by Goodwin Company. Now that’s local!
- Join Goodwin at IBS – January 9-11, 2018October 16, 2017 - 3:14 pm
- Old Florida Heartpine – A Staple in Sustainable DesignOctober 12, 2017 - 9:38 pm
- Antique Longleaf Heartpine – Perfect for Modern Home and Office SpacesOctober 12, 2017 - 9:23 pm
- Heart Cypress Feature Walls and Paneling a Focal Point of University of South Florida’s Coquina ClubOctober 12, 2017 - 9:09 pm
- Educating the Next Generation of Sustainable Building Design ProfessionalsOctober 12, 2017 - 8:49 pm