Several years ago, we noticed an increase in the demand for pre-finished wood flooring. So, we set out to find someone who was considered the best of the best in the industry to work with us. It took three years before Dan Petersen appeared at our door after being introduced to us by a colleague. Dan is one of the best pre-finished wood experts in the business, as evidenced by the specially formulated finishes he has developed specifically for Goodwin. Dan is talented and can provide the hardest finish on the market, produce any custom color unique to you and incorporate textures that look great on reclaimed wood. Not to mention he is one of the smartest and nicest people you will ever meet! Dan operates Heritage Wood Finish Company here at Goodwin.
Finding Dan was only the first step. Next, we needed a new building. We drew up plans and applied to the County Growth Management office for a building permit for a factory finish facility. The County initially denied our request. Today – after three more years of engineering, environmental and legal studies – we are very close to finally having our building.
As you can see, the turtles in our log pond are just as anxious as we are for it to be complete!
Goodwin is one of the most fortunate companies, as we have been doing what we love for over 40 years. George Goodwin started pulling and sawing River-Recovered® logs in the mid-seventies and today he is still the company sawyer. He could hardly be happier!
Thank you, George, for an incredible 40 years. Here’s to our wildest successes yet to come!
The Goodwin Difference… Together, We Are as Strong as Our Wood!
- Original River-Recovered® heart pine and heart cypress specialists
- First reclaimed engineered floor “Made in the USA” right here at our mill
- Environmentally, kid and pet friendly factory finishes, custom color and textures
- Oldest family-owned and operated reclaimed wood company in the United States
- River-Recovered and reclaimed flooring, paneling, siding, stair parts, moldings and lumber, solid/engineered, finished / unfinished
Please enjoy these photos of our new building – we are almost there!