Select Grain Displays Cathedral Arches with Graceful Grain Movement
Specifications, Characteristics, and Milling
Widths: 3”-10” (up to 12”, if available)
Lengths: 2’-12’ for flooring; 3’-12’ for paneling (longer lengths by availability)
Heart content: 100% heart face
Grades available: Plain sawn arching, cathedral grain pattern with rare pin knots
Antique River-Recovered® Heart Pine also is available in Select Clear and is Goodwin’s signature heart pine product. Knots are atypical in longleaf heart pine, but the “clear” designation means we ensure there are pinknots no larger than ½ inch in diameter. It also features a blend of vertical and arching grains. Wider widths are available.
Goodwin antique heart pine is guaranteed to be at least 200 to 500 years old, which means it is 100% heartwood and has the highest level of hardness and durability.
- Luminous, vibrant color…copper to burgundy tones
- Arching grain patterns in the center with 85 percent vertical grain pattern
- 100 percent heart face
- At least 8 growth rings per inch
- Knots rare, no pin knots over 1/2” and no pitch pockets over 1/8” wide
- 1225 on the Janka scale comparable to red oak (1290) & 29 percent more stable
- Flooring and paneling, widths from 2-1/4″ to 9″ face or custom
- Treads, solid/laminated 11-1/4″
- Lumber up to 2-1/2″ x 12″
- Beams up to 12″ x 12″
- Architectural millwork is full thickness, e.g., Crown: 3/4×5-1/2”
- Flooring is ordered by the square foot and is trimmed to provide 100 percent usable material for the grade. Standard lengths are random from 1′ to 12′ and standard milling is tongue and groove in ‘flooring match’ with more wood above the tongue, a back relief pattern and a nail groove to ease installation.
- Paneling standard lengths are 3′ and longer and milling is available in V-joint, Single-bead or Double-bead or custom.
- stair parts include handrail, treads, balusters, newels, newel caps, stringers and risers and come in many antique patterns as well as all standard ones.
- Architectural millwork is full dimension and is based on the 8000 series patterns last published in 1925. Goodwin offers a complete line of mouldings including base, shoe, cover or scotia, crown, step, picture, panel, thresholds, quarter round, casings, rosettes, picture frame, reeded and more.
- Custom milling patterns and specific lengths are available for an additional cost.
Grades of Heart Pine
Learn about Heart Pine
How may we help you?
Call (800) 336-3118
“The heart cypress on the front of my entry way vanity is some of the prettiest wood in the world.” Russ Morash, Boston, MA
“We are constantly getting comments on how beautiful our floor is and everyone loves the story behind where the wood came from.”Denise Goss, Santa Cruz, CA
“From the first contact we found ourselves treated like friends rather than customers. As Mary told you, we are proud to show our beautiful floors to our admiring guest. We think of George and his company as friends.”Robert and Maryc Ryals, McLeran House B&B, Wellborn, FL
“Goodwin’s wood has an amazing luster you can’t get with a finish. It comes with an inner beauty that shines through and can’t be reproduced. I love Goodwin’s quality and look.” Peggy Gilder, Interior Designer, Pacific Palisades, CA