Vertical Grain – A More Formal or even Modern Look with Tight Striped Graining
Specifications, Characteristics, and Milling
Widths: 3”-4” (limited availability of 6”)
Lengths: 2’-12’ for flooring; 3’-12’ for paneling (longer lengths by availability)
Heart content: 100% heart face
Grades available: Quarter sawn pinstripe, vertical grain pattern with rare pin knots
Antique River-Recovered® Vertical Clear Heart Pine is one of our premium products and is known for its elegant pinstriped grain and lack of pinknots (none over ½ inch in diameter). Goodwin antique heart pine is guaranteed to be at least 200 to 500 years old, which means it is 100% heartwood and has the highest level of hardness and durability.
- Luminous, vibrant color…copper to burgundy tones
- 100 percent true vertical grain with no growth rings more than 45 degrees perpendicular to the face
- 100 percent heart face
- At least 8 growth rings per inch
- Knots rare, no pin knots over ½” and no pitch pockets over 1/8” wide
- 1225 on the Janka scale comparable to red oak (1290) & 29 percent more stable
- Flooring and paneling, widths from 2-1/4″ to 5-1/4” face or custom
- Treads, laminated 11-1/4″
- Lumber up to 2-1/2″ x 12″
- Architectural millwork is full thickness, e.g., Crown: 3/4×5-1/2”
- Flooring is ordered by the square foot and is trimmed to provide 100 percent usable material for the grade. Standard lengths are random from 1′ to 12′ and standard milling is tongue and groove in ‘flooring match’ with more wood above the tongue, a back relief pattern and a nail groove to ease installation.
- Paneling standard lengths are 3′ and longer and milling is available in V-joint, Single-bead or Double-bead or custom.
- stair parts include handrail, treads, balusters, newels, newel caps, stringers and risers and come in many antique patterns as well as all standard ones.
- Architectural millwork is full dimension and is based on the 8000 series patterns last published in 1925. Goodwin offers a complete line of mouldings including base, shoe, cover or scotia, crown, step, picture, panel, thresholds, quarter round, casings, rosettes, picture frame, reeded and more.
- Custom milling patterns and specific lengths are available for an additional cost.
Grades of Heart Pine
Learn about Heart Pine
How may we help you?
Call (800) 336-3118
“The heart cypress on the front of my entry way vanity is some of the prettiest wood in the world.” Russ Morash, Boston, MA
“We are constantly getting comments on how beautiful our floor is and everyone loves the story behind where the wood came from.”Denise Goss, Santa Cruz, CA
“Goodwin’s wood has an amazing luster you can’t get with a finish. It comes with an inner beauty that shines through and can’t be reproduced. I love Goodwin’s quality and look.” Peggy Gilder, Interior Designer, Pacific Palisades, CA
“From the first contact we found ourselves treated like friends rather than customers. As Mary told you, we are proud to show our beautiful floors to our admiring guest. We think of George and his company as friends.”Robert and Maryc Ryals, McLeran House B&B, Wellborn, FL