The annual Christmas party for the US Green Building Council, Heart of Florida Chapter, held on Sunday December 4 at Goodwin Heart Pine Company was fun for all, and some important business was attended to. The USGBC, Heart of Florida Chapter, announced the new officers for 2012, as follows:
- Vice President – Tom Files
- Green Schools Chair – Theresa Spurling-Wood
- Marion County Branch Treasurer -Karrie Feldman
- Programs Chair – Carol Goodwin
- Advocacy & Government Education Chair – Don Davis
- Emerging Professionals Chair – Dana Falstad
- Treasurer – Eric Falstad
- Past President and Current Membership and Communication Chair – Scott Monroe
- President – Jennifer Langford (not in photo)
Santa was there of course, and the kids had a chance to play tic tac toe with games made from recycled school materials.
Lets Plant Some Trees
Everyone got an awesome Christmas present too, a baby longleaf pine tree to plant. In 200 years there will be more Antique Heart Pine to reclaim! Merry Christmas everyone and Best wishes for 2012.