Architectural and Design Uses of Antique Woods: How to Specify and Select Award-Winning Wood Products and Flooring
Carol Goodwin, CR, MCR
President, Reclaimed Wood Council
President, Goodwin Company
Today, you will:
- Learn how to select old woods to create awe-inspiring new projects
- Evaluate variations in grades and know what to anticipate when specifying antique woods.
- Compare characteristics of reclaimed and antique woods with more available standing timber.
- Explore various design uses, from contemporary to traditional.
- Learn how to ensure true original growth woods are received and properly installed.
- Understand industry terminology and general definitions pertaining to antique wood.
- Analyze manufacturing variations to insure that specs simplify installation.
- Understand installation and finish specifics for various uses to ensure long-term success of the wood products.