Pre-finished and Distressing Options
From enhancing the look of the wood to making installation easier, clients choose pre-finished flooring for a variety of reasons. There are many options available with the most frequently ordered summarized for you below. Please note that having your flooring pre-finished will add about a week to your order.
UV Cured Polyurethane — More build for the appearance of a more finished floor
- A longer cycle before maintenance is required.
- Extremely durable scratch-resistant finish.
- Maintenance requires a flooring professional.
UV Oil — Very low build for a natural appearance
- The simplest to maintain finish with the ability for the owner to repair if desired.
- Requires more frequent attention.
- Can be repaired without a flooring professional.
Pre-finishing cost is $3.25 for many finish choices including a stain. Other options are available including Water-based UV-cured polyurethane. Any finish is available in a wide array of stain colors.
Any of our woods, pre-finished or unfinished, can be further distressed. The four options here, from left to right, can be combined with other marks:
- Band sawn
- Sculptured Hand Scraped
- Foot Worn Hand Scraped
Distressing can include nail, worm, screw and chain marks in an esthetically pleasing pattern.