Grain: Select is a blend of arching grain patterns and vertical pinstripes. Select is graded to
exclude machine defects, and face checks, cracks or pitch pockets over 1/8” wide.
Color: Red tones with slight yellow sap streaks
Heart: 95-100% heart face
Hardness: 1225 on the Janka scale; comparable to red oak (1290) & 29% more stable
Width: ¾” x 2½”, 3¼”, 5¼”, 7″, 9″
Length: Flooring: 2’–12′ Paneling: 3’–12′
Kiln Dried: Yes, to 9-10% moisture content. Test moisture content for jobsite region
Finishing: Our standard wood floor is unfinished. Prefinishing with a micro bevel can be added. UV oil finish available
Made in the USA
Legacy™ Character Naily Heart Pine
A FREQUENT NAIL PATTERN OFTEN INDICATES THAT THE CARPENTER CHOSE THIS AS THE BEST FACE
Reclaimed Heart Pine from old warehouses has the same warm color as our River-RecoveredⓇ Heart Pine with considerable nail holes to add charm.
Legacy naily comes from the face of the better vintage beams that the antique carpenter chose to nail into. Legacy has somewhat more frequent and slightly larger knots than River-Recovered because the majority of the clear wood on the outside of the log was cut away to make the Industrial Revolution-era beam.
• Red tones with slight yellow sap streaks and frequent nail holes
• 95 to 100 percent heart product, 100 percent dense growth with at least 6 growth
rings per inch
• Select has an arching grain with vertical pinstripes on the sides of wider boards
• Infrequent knots, no knots over 1-1/2”
• Dimensions: Floor, 2-1/2” to 9” face or call for current availability
• 1225 on the Janka scale comparable to red oak (1290) & 29 percent more stable