The West Tampa Library – part of the West Tampa National Historic District – is designated as a City of Tampa Historic Structure. Constructed in 1913, it is one of only ten public libraries in Florida funded by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. It features Neo-Classical Revival architectural style, which was very popular during that time.
In an effort to make the library more accessible to everyone, an additional 5,000 square feet was added in 2004. This expansion also provided space for more library materials and computers, and included a meeting room for the public. Prominent cigar factory owner Angel Cuesta donated land to the library for the expansion.
Goodwin Company was proud to be part of the latest renovation in 2017. The floor of the original building was heart pine. We supplied our River-Recovered® Heart Pine Select Clear wood flooring to ensure it was restored to its original specifications:
Photos by Native House Photography.
This beautiful heart pine floor was pre-finished by Heritage Wood Finish Company using an oil finish with additional protection. JVA Construction was contractor on this historic renovation project. The space serves as a community meeting room and is open to the public.