https://heartpine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/ss-12-05-18-at-09.03-PM.jpg 627 1232 Carol Goodwin https://heartpine.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/HeaderLogo-300x138.png Carol Goodwin2018-12-03 22:46:042019-04-24 17:11:31Sprucing Up Your Wood Floors for the Holidays
Sprucing Up Your Wood Floors for the Holidays
December is upon us! We can already smell the cookies baking and hear the laughter of children playing. If you are among those who will invite family and friends over this holiday season, you are probably in the process of cleaning and sprucing up your home.
Goodwin wants to help ensure your wood floors will look fresh and rejuvenated for the holidays. Below are some cleaning and maintenance tips to help your floors look as new as the day they were installed.
Step 1: Clean Surface
- Using a soft bristle head, vacuum any loose dirt on the floor.
- If needed, spot clean by hand with WOCA Natural Soap Spray, the recommended cleaner for all of Goodwin’s factory finishes. Other mild wood floor cleaners from reputable manufacturers may also work, however, avoid any harsh cleaners and solutions that must be combined with water.
Step 2: Mop Floor
- Clean any remaining dirt off the surface using a quality cotton yarn twist mop and ‘soft’ water.
- Fill a bucket with natural soap solution or another mild cleaner
- Fill a second bucket with pure water to rinse the mop. Change the water in this bucket as needed to avoid a grayish haze caused by dirty water.
- Wring out the mop vigorously, then mop in the direction of the grain. If you see water on your floor, your mop is probably too wet.
Step 3: Deep Cleaning (if needed)
- Spray one section of the floor at a time with natural soap spray or another quality hardwood floor cleaner. Be sure to avoid excess moisture from too much cleaner.
- Take a flat mop head and use multiple terry cloth covers which can be reversed to collect more dirt and later machine washed.
Step 4: Maintenance Refresher
- Consider a quality maintenance refresher (can also be applied on occasion between cleanings). We prefer the WOCA Refresher, which can be mopped like the natural soap. Other products require applying and then using an orbital buffer.
- Different products have different set times so follow the manufacturer’s directions closely.
Have questions? Give us a call. We’re here to help!