Unquestionable Longevity of Heart Pine Floors
Today’s flooring market is flooded with inferior products that simply do not withstand pets, children or heavy foot traffic. When you choose Goodwin, you can take comfort in knowing that our high quality products are not only manufactured to last your lifetime, but for generations to come.
Goodwin custom milled wood for this residence more than 21 years ago and it’s arguably even more gorgeous today than when it was first installed! Goodwin provided 4000sqft of River-Recovered® heart pine and heart cypress and sustainable wild black cherry tongue and groove for this home.
- A focal point is the feature wall and attached mantel crafted from River-Recovered heart cypress.
- River-Recovered heart pine was used for flooring, custom railings, stair treads, Newell posts and trims.
- The columns are re-sawn virgin cypress columns harvested from a church in Georgia.
- Sustainable wild black cherry was installed in the bedrooms.
- A gorgeous bed frame constructed from sustainably harvested wild black cherry can be found in the master bedroom.
All of the wood was finished with a poly finish. Since installation, the color has deepened with age. Heart pine is especially photo-reactive, revealing a gorgeous red patina when exposed to light over time.
The wood has not been touched up since it was installed 21 years ago. It has endured three generations’ worth of foot traffic, including children and dogs, and is still in pristine condition. If needed, heart pine can be sanded and refinished multiple times, lasting centuries with proper care.